I'm remembering that my initial plan for this blog for this blog was to record all the stuff that was going on in my life that otherwise would rush past me - something i have not done for a while...
Three weeks ago now Anneleen came up and a lot of us went to a conference by a guy called Graham Cooke on 'Being with God' which was massively helpful to me and helped free up a lot of my thinking.
Then we had a fun week in Edinburgh - Finn was away so I moved into his place and got my teeth into another Ian Rankin book for an essay (I'm well into him now - it's nice to read something by someone Scottish about the city I'm from). Had lots of tough but very good chats with people and introduced Anneleen and Rebekah to SPACED (v. important)
Last friday was down near London for a 24-7 planning meet. Left Edinburgh at 4am - slept in a YWAM base for an hour - had meeting - got into London at 5pm - went for a walk at 8pm and met a friend from reading who just happened to be walking the streets of the capital - caught the mega bus to Glasgow at midnight - got into there at 8 and into Edinburgh for 9 and breakfast at Tom's. Bed for a bit then onto St Mungo's Youth's 24/1 for the last hour - always amazing to see new people get there first prayer room experience.
Sunday into Monday wrote a 2735 word essay on Ian Rankin's 'The Falls' (highly recommended by me)
Tuesday prayed in Portobello and then stayed at Tom and Finn's. Good breakfast the next day as well as a pray and a chat about the meaning of U2 songs.
Wednesday was housegroup (really good) and Thursday saw some JB action at the pub with Banfil and some of my school crew.
Friday involved some baby bathing (another right of passage conquered!!!) and a couple of drinks with my school mates in town. Coming back I met a drunk girl called Tamline who had no money so I gave her some money to call her friends who gave me a lift home to Balerno (nice!) I like it when you make friends with people and God provides for you.
I am the happiest with my life and with my self I have ever been. There is so much more I want, so much that upsets me but I am really glad to be alive in the here and now. 4th year is really hard and I am frustrated with so much but today I wouldn't be anywhere else.
check out:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home