Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Wow... 7 years ago today I was hanging out with Hilary and Jo, Nick and Ewan - seeing my first Fringe show ("Teachers") and chilling in the summer sun - convinced I would marry Hilary and taking a gamble buying an album by a band called 'Delirious?' - excited to be 15 and having really connected with God again... amazed at how good life could be.

I still love delirious? but I don't want to marry Hilary anymore (no offence if you're reading this!). I am exited about being 22 and still hearing God and seeing him direct my life.

August must be a season for reflecting and looking forward, what with my Prayerstorm post on the 1st... probably because it is the end of the summer and the start of the new school year. You have to be careful with nostalgia - not to wallow in the past - I think I handle it better these days. It's good to look back at the journey at times like these.

August 1997 saw me get re-envisioned about Jesus and throwing my all into following him again... Thank you God that you've kept me following you without drying up again since then... I'm up for keeping going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home