Monday, February 02, 2004

Well I went and told people I have this blog yesterday so I'd better get more reliable with my updates!

2004... I wish I'd done an entry in January as it was a really special month.

I said I felt January would be the start of something new, for me but not just for me... that God might have a new season starting. I felt this back in Sep/Oct time but that I had to wait until the new year until I saw things kick off... which was quite frustrating but actually a good time of getting my head and heart right about a lot of things - feeling supported from home and pushed to walk in different areas in the city than I might have before.

And then... a new year...
Standing on the edge of the year with delirious?'s 'Rain down' "BACK TO THE START... MY HEART FEELS READY" in my head i was really up for it but at first nothing... just the (figurative) hang-over from the Christmas holiday but... but... as Jan went on rumours of something stirring - a deeper desire for prayer and worship, for Jesus himself (thank you Philip Yancy... read 'The Jesus I never knew' people...), rumours coming from the 24-7 camp of God doing something fresh... reading 'Red Moon Rising' and crying for God to do it here, now and with my people and my city. Found myself hungrier to really meet God but still frustrated and not quite doing so... but longing and hoping and sensing something shifting - starting to feel change but not hyped at all... just walking in whatever this is. Exited to here church leaders talking of needing to re-connect with God I realised it wasn’t just me and I said to a few friends in a kind of hushed understatement 'There is something in the air just now' and they whispered back their agreements.

Went to 24/7's national gathering with Pete Grieg, Ray Goudie and Brother Yun... to gather and hunger... stayed with Matt Hogg in an awesome Church plant from HTB in London (like being in Neverwhere!!!). Went expecting fireworks and got gentle healing and quite confidence to walk out more in the Spirit of Jesus. Before Jan i knew i wanted to gather and pray but not sure how... now i feel commissioned to do it - to seek God - people everywhere seem ot be knowing it's time to seek him. Relationships are feeling blessed and bringing life. Hosea 10v12 is my verse of the moment but i was given it in way back late last year.


Funny week since, I really like the man God's making me into... I'm not so keen on who i can be at times... both in tension but getting closer all the time. Ended the month yesterday at Raven… just popped round to say hello and stayed for hours and prayed and agreed with Tom that something has changed. And then my route home got hijacked by God and ended up praying with a girl from CU and getting free Champaign!

Today it’s February and I can’t keep saying something will happen in January… January has been and gone. Now it is time for me to build and move forward... to make good on all the dreaming and big statements of intent… thing is I am just really hungry for God and people keep praying amazing things over me. Church today was ace, morning at CCE and at home at St Mungo’s in the evening where Malcolm was talking about the need to pray (!) and where I think I really felt perhaps I moved a bit further from talking and hoping to actually seeing whatever this new season is about coming into being…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home