Monday, May 16, 2005

The best song I have discovered lately is Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt which he released shortly before his death in 2003. Typical of me to get into someone’s music too late to enjoy them in their lifetime! I am so totally blown away by this, I can't describe just how perfectly it expresses the state of my heart. I think Johnny knew how good Jesus had been to him, I need to remember that too. Watch the video here.


johnny.jpeg
[(C) 2003 Mark Romanek]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anneleen: ems played me the video. it is actually a very beautiful song. it made me cry.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anneleen: for some reason, i find that photo quite disturbing. i think its cos it looks as if he's playing the piano wearing gloves. sorry to bring down the tone. ahhhhhh i made a stupid play on words joke by mistake (its NOT a pun!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linda: amazing song - the way he sings it makes me cry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home