Monday, February 09, 2004

I'm sitting at home im Balerno, its 4:15pm and I'm still in my pj's... I miss this!

Alpha weekend was cool... all of the guests had become Christians the week before so it was a big time for them. I did worship and that was really fun and a good time for me to focus on God and great to hang out with new Christians and just have some good hang time with friends new and old. Alpha weekends are great because everyone gut’s touched and comes back different... the leaders and helpers as well as the guests. I feel a lot freer to worship after being away there.

Went out to Balerno and to church which was wonderful and refreshing (The whole row of us me, Al, Neil, Martin and George ended up "giggling like school girls" and having breathe deeply and avoid eye contact for 15 minutes as Jo Crow has an amusing ringtone on her phone which went off during a very serious talk.) It was really nice to see Rachel there again.

Then on to the JB with my buds... via a mini road trip on route to Cramond. Was cool to see everyone in the pub, though a shame Laura Smith wasn't there as I had really wanted to catch her this weekend. Ewan and Fiona were there & are very cool people - though we rib them we do love them... it's just we're all jealous! Ewan is my oldest friend on planet earth and a great mate who I don't see nearly enough.

Came home and watched Al's new 'One foot in the grave' video until 1am... that show is a work of art with clockwork plotting. It was the gorilla suite episode...

Nothing really deep to say but wanted to document a really nice weekend. I've decided to stay out here tonight to enjoy family (as well as DVD player, internet, computer games and home cooking) and Balerno life. Its really easy being at home - felt really able to pray this morning and free just to have a chilled day which is so needed. The whole city-Balerno tension is a funny one but both mean so much to me I want to work out how to do them both with out neglecting either. At Christmas I was defiantly all about Balerno and the last month has been very Edinburgh so it was nice to catch George before he goes back to Stirling and to get to talk with Martin again as I've not seen either of them for too long. I am loving praying for and dreaming about Edinburgh just now... want to press into that this week.

Oh I've added a number of links to friend's blogs... Matt and Resa who are part of the 24/7 community and Paul T a DJ / Church planter and very wise man from Edinburgh, they are cool people and their blog's are well worth reading. I've had links to Tom and Rebekah's blogs up for a while but if you've not checked them out do... they are my friends from Edinburgh, Tom is an urbanmonk and top chap and Rebekah is a Swedish/American who has one of the most Scottish accents of all my friends!

Jennifer and Finn - thanks for your amazing comments... I love you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home