Sorry I’ve not blogged in ages, I’ve been away a lot this last month.
Quick résumé:
End of June: Left work for summer mission stuff
29 June – 4 July: 24-7 mission teams training in Guildford. Our team rock and it was so good to reconnect with the wider 24-7 movement.
Sat 10 July: Played guitar at Lou and Andy’s wedding. So good to see them get married and it ruled getting to play for them – even if I messed up the ending to a song.
Sat 10 – 17th: CLAN - Our event ran really well and the Ministry Team did so well. A lot less intense a week than previously but in many ways a lot deeper. So good to have the Edinburgh crew there.
Since then have been back in Balerno – just hanging with the guys mostly and going to the JB. Lots of late nights and Sonic Hedgehog-ing
Got a phone call from Jennifer in LA, who once again got me to readdress how I see my life. That girl is awesome and changes my life.
Now we’re in the run up to 24-7 – things have really fallen into place and we seem to have a very fun month coming up (tho it will be hard). Do follow our progress on our team blog (see link at the side of the page) – I probably won’t get to update you here during that time.
Had a BBQ with Oli and Han (Solo) which allowed for several lightsaber duels on their lawn – facing off with Jedi Knights Gus, Jonny and Oli – tho my finest adversary was Emily-Wan (we duelled in the dark – just lit by our swords.) So nice to have Sophia and Anna back. Had a strange moment with a drunk guy on the bus home where I panicked – got to remember we’re in mission mode now so keep my eyes and my heart open.
I am very well and I love my life. I still don’t know what I will be doing after 24-7 and where I will be… but I can live with that just now. Stepping up to the gambling table with God isn’t something to be afraid of.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home