Germany and Good Psychology

Well I've had a fun few weeks.
I was in Germany from the 21st - 27th of Sep - having a few days holiday in Berlin and then onto Dresden for 24-7 Prayer's International Leaders Gathering and then back to Berlin for more holidaying. SUCH a good time - beautiful county and beautiful times. I love my 24-7 family so much - the 'conference' was actually very holidayish and much more about people and Sabbath than intensity. Prayer / Justice / Mission and their interlinkedness was the key theme. I'm so privileged to be a part of the 24-7 story.
I studied German history for 5 years at school and so I was buzzing the whole time I was there. The new Reichstag dome made me very happy inside and what they have done to "Check Point Charlie" made me feel sick.... Germany deserves much better.
This last weekend I have been at an event run by a guy called Jim McNeish - who is a Christian psychologist - which massively helped the way I think about things. We were learning not to rely on our perceived strengths and to instead begin to allow God to love the parts in us we think are weak and broken. A bundle of us did it together, lots of tears but very good.
Then had a really nice day with the Kathleen and Sheena from the Portland IHOP who dropped by to see us. Glad you came guys - see you again soon I hope.
In my CD player of late have been: Sigur Ros, Bon Jovi and uber Jesus-Geek (I mean that in the best sence) Mike Bickle. Eclectic I know.

1 Comments:
uber Jesus-geek. amen to that!
it was so awesome to be back 'home' and see you all again. i felt such a part of the community after crashing for the night in fin's lounge!
thanks for helping me make my piper documentary. it's my best film yet.
Post a Comment
<< Home