Monday, March 08, 2004

Hello, sorry for the lack of an update for a bit - writing a blog takes time and energy and I've been a bit busy and a little drained so hence the lack of bloggage. Anyhoo... I'll update you.

Today is beautiful, I'm sitting in Balerno in the sunshine (inside) wanting to go get dressed, go for a nice walk and then write a song I've been meaning to for weeks...
Woke from a dream that seems to have a God-edge to it… must go write it down.

Backlog:

week of 1-7th Mar:
------------------------------

Thinking a lot about 24/7 and the Festival: God highlighting a lot of things for us to pray about: am feeling I am holding and running with it in a much more immediate way now.

Spring has sprung big time - it was actually really warm and sunny.

Got to Sunbathe on Finn's roof and pray with some top folks

Had a coffee with Andrew Bennett (youth pastor of st mungo's) seriously quality time. Hadn't seen him to talk since summer 2002 so it was long overdue - feeling really encouraged and loved and dreamt a bit about the future.

Had a nice fruit beer after helping lead worship at CU

Went to Perth to man a stall for 24/7 at a youth event & got to catch up with Lynsay and Cairin (who i lived with at CLAN this year) which was unexpected and so extra cool. I'd planned to come back to Edinburgh after that but as I was too late for that train went to Glasgow and stayed with Laura (text message sent at 11.30pm: I'll be in Glasgow in an hour... can I stay with you?) which was sweet as always.

Then to West Kilbride to hang out with Catherine Brown and some folks from round the country which was quite an honour. Catherine led PrayerStorm in 2001 which was such a hinge time for me so it meant a lot to go and see her. To feel God's commissioning over what I do/am doing/will do in Edinburgh and to really know a lot of freedom in reaching out to him.

Got a lift back to the 'burgh from a guy going to Inverness ("It's not really THAT far out of my way"). Went for a meal at Iain's and then went for a walk with Emily: Got to hear her story which is an astonishing move of God as we explored the uber-posh areas of the Grange. Looks like we might share a flat with some others next year.

Able to just cry out to God more and a greater freedom to worship rising up in me just now - which is long needed.

Missed Dave Martin's creative-gig party... really wanted to go and sing my songs for my friends in Edinburgh but had to be away. Sorely gutted.

Went to CCE in the morning which was wonderful and really humbling as always. Saw Rachel Hewitt which was another unexpected treat. Then out for a student lunch at st mungo's (rocked the jenga with Kim and Laurence & George) and then a beautiful night at church.

Hung out at Nick's after Church and the pub on Sunday until 4am (technically Monday I suppose)



week of 23-29th of Feb:
------------------------------

Had a big essay to do but left it a little ... tight shall we say ... and ended up not sleeping for 40 hours although most of that was after the essay was handed in. The essay was about SPACED (which I feel I did no justice to, even though the essay was really good)

saw : Chocolat (again)
: About a boy
: Finding Nemo
: Seven Episodes of SPACED
: An episode of Ally McBeal that I saw on Skye 3 1/2 years ago

led worship for Prayerwall which was exiting

The Raven flat was finally abandoned :( but I did manage to salvage a chair which I had to wheel through Edinburgh with a big box on top of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home