Monday, December 05, 2005

Engage!


I've always had the sneaking suspicion that wedding's were an awful lot of stress and hard work. And you know what? They Are! Last weekend I took part in my first wedding as part of the 'bridal party' - taking on the time honored role of 'best man'. I've always jokingly sworn that I would just elope instead of going through the mania of holding a big ceremony and in the run up to the big day the idea became more and more appealing. BUT... on the day itself there was something so amazing about being a part of making promises, worshiping God, eating and dancing with a room full of friends. Maybe I won't just run away after all...

[BTW My speech was awesome :)]

Also this week I flew to Luton for 24-7's UK network day - a chance for all the folks leading 24-7 stuff in the UK to get together to chat and pray. Really good time - great chats with people, lots of time in God's presence and a massive pizza buffet for free. Great to see so many good friends, especially to get so much time with Debs and Niaomi from St Andrew's who really inspire me.

Other exciting news - yesterday morning I went to the premier of an advert I had appeared in during the summer. It was shown in a cinema in Edinburgh and will be running their for the next few days ( and online for ever!!! Check the link and let me know if you can spot me!)

3 Comments:

At 2:37 am, Blogger Globegirl said...

did you join *another* airband? what about this one?

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger Chris said...

I reserve the right to use my air guitar skills in any and all circumstances!

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Globegirl said...

i guess i can't really hold that against you. you are an incredibly talented air guitarist, and i'm sure in high demand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home